A To Do List
Having found out about the death of my unknown aunt, I re-read the check. Sure enough, it said, “$1,000,000.00.” What was I to do? I wrote a list of things to do:
- Clean out house and throw everything away;
- Form a list of debts and pay them;
- Buy a small car;
- Research +$100,000 investment opportunities;
- Invest $500,000;
- Drive to a beautiful new estate;
- Purchase proper writing equipment and start a book press;
- Decide on opening a small diner; and
- Live well.
After having done these normal things, my life would sure be nicer. I would probably go study English at a university to pursue becoming a professor and novelist. I would also consider painting techniques with oils and other mediums. I cannot imagine what other people would do. I would even consider the purchase of a small houseboat with a new word processor – I love to write.
We are always constrained by various forms of inadequacy or poverty. Once no longer poor, what would we do? We can hope, for each other, that we would choose to live a good life and be nice to each other.